A lot of people don’t visit the dentist regularly, and some have never even visited a dentist — but with good oral health comes good overall health. A proper cleaning and check-up every six months can prevent tooth decay and gum disease, and can even boost your self-confidence.
Recent research has found that gum disease can cause heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, osteoporosis, dementia, and more. A healthy mouth is not just about maintaining your smile, it’s about maintaining your health.
If you are looking for a 24/7 dentist near me, look no further. There are many local dentists offering their services as emergency dentist, to provide dental care at the most inconvenient times.
Reasons Why Dental Care Is Important
1. Healthy Gums for a Healthy Heart
It has been found that individuals with periodontal disease are at a much higher risk of developing heart disease. Gum disease will cause your cheeks to swell and break open, causing tooth loss and cardiovascular disease. Gum disease is a serious condition that needs to be treated as soon as possible. Regular checkups and family history can help you detect it early on. Therefore a 24/7 Dentist Near Me is important for good Dental Care.
2. Straight Teeth Lead to Better Oral Health
Straight teeth make it possible for you to chew and speak properly, and bad teeth can cause jaw problems. Brushing your teeth should be a daily ritual, but if you have dental issues, it’s even more important. Cleaning braces or other appliances are also very important. If you don’t clean them regularly, the plaque can harden and damage your braces.
3. Avoid Oral Cancer
Oral cancer screenings can be conducted as part of a standard dental check-up. The first signs of the disease appear as precancerous lesions — which start off as small white or dark red patches but eventually expand throughout the mouth. Dentists are trained to detect these lesions early before they turn cancerous.
4. Preventing Gum Disease
Research shows that up to 80% of people who have gum disease don’t show any symptoms, which means you can have gum disease and not know it. That’s why it’s so important to brush and floss! Schedule a professional cleaning with your dentist at least twice a year and visit them if you notice any problems, like bad breath or swollen gums. If you can’t brush, use dental floss! Visit your dentist once every six months to treat gum disease and keep your smile healthy.
5. Avoid Bad Breath
Bad breath is a common condition, and it can make you feel uncomfortable, even keeping you from talking to other people. Brushing and flossing is the best way to keep your teeth healthy. Brushing alone cleans about 60% of your teeth while flossing the rest of them. You can also use a tongue scraper to remove bacteria from your tongue and brush your gums to keep them healthy. Chewing sugar-free gum stimulates the production of saliva, which helps prevent gum disease and cavities.
24/7 Dentist Near Me for Emergency Services
- Cavities are a serious problem, and while they’re unlikely to kill you, they can hurt you a lot. Soreness in and around your teeth might indicate exposed roots or a dangerous ulcer. Seeking 24/7 Dentist Near Me emergency treatment from an orthodontist is the best way to avoid long-term damage from cavities that aren’t addressed promptly.
- If you’re having a hard time dealing with the pain of tooth sensitivity, there is help available. Talk to your dentist about treatments that can stop your teeth from feeling hot or cold, and stop tooth decay from getting worse.
- A dry mouth can lead to embarrassing halitosis and can make digesting food difficult — but your Dentist has a way to fight it. If you’re experiencing symptoms such as dryness, pain, or burning when you eat or drink, contact your Dentist immediately.
- Swollen gums are early signs of periodontal disease and gingivitis. Both situations are harmful to your long-term oral health. In these situations contact a 24/7 Dentist Near Me to get quick relief from the problems.
- If you see blood after brushing, you might have gum disease. Don’t worry — there’s a lot you can do about it, and your dentist can help. Schedule an appointment today so we can figure out the best plan of action to get your mouth healthy and looking great!
A 24/7 Dentist Near Me can be incredibly helpful when you’re in pain, have a bad toothache, or just want to get on top of your regular dental care. Good dentists offer a range of treatments that can address different needs, from simple cleaning and checkups to veneers and implants. Regardless of the procedure, a 24/7 Dentist near me will be a great help for completely fast, painless, and comfortable throughout.